HR Business Partner
Contract Length: 2 months
Overall purpose of role:
Reporting to the HR Director/head of HR for Group Technology, the HR Business Partner will act as a strategic enabler and trusted advisor across their client group using analytics and insight to shape the business strategy and enable a sustainable, high performance culture. The role holder will partner directly with senior clients at Group ExCo -2 level and will be expected to proactively collaborate globally with HR stakeholders across all areas to deliver the HR agenda. This is a contingent role to provide interim coverage.
- Ownership, with the agreed business client, of the people strategy and workforce plan.
- Drive organisational performance through employment of strategic analytics/tools and insights to shape business strategy and cost shape of the organisation.
- Support and enable sustainable culture change.
- Drive strategic talent priorities and executive leadership coaching.
- Shaping executive hiring and being actively involved in acquiring talent.
- Critically assess people related products both within the business and within the HR function to ensure that they are best in class and where they are not, work with the relevant product owner/HR Transaction Cycle to drive improvement and alignment with overall business and HR strategy.
- Forward looking, proactive self-starter with an ability to understand and apply a corporate view.
- Curious mindset with the ability to critically challenge the business and the status quo.
- Ability to shape, mine and develop meaningful data insights and use this to drive better informed business decisions.
- Ability to drive a two way dialogue that joins us broader views and challenge across Barclays.
- Ability to adapt style to multiple stakeholders across Business and HR.
- Ability to apply a continuous improvement mindset to all processes and procedures.
- Ability to think enterprise wide and to utilise collaboration skills to ensure business solutions can be applied more broadly as appropriate
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of HR including ER, Resourcing, Talent Management and Reward.
- Senior business partnering experience with executive leaders and a proven track record of successfully influencing to achieve results.
- Demonstrable experience of inspiring colleagues (in HR and the business); gaining support for plans and ideas – mobilising colleagues through engagement and collaboration.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering robust, commercial HR solutions across a large complex environment/business.
- Commercial drive and acumen - demonstrable knowledge of the market and customer trends affecting the Technology and financial services industry would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Substantial HR or workforce data analytics experience.
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.