Head of Financial Crime Advisory - MLRO
Head of Financial Crime Advisory/MLRO
Isle Of Man
Length: 6 months
As a Barclays Head of Financial Crime; you’ll be part of a team and perform the role of money laundering report officer for the Isle Of Man business.
What will you be doing?
- Provide leadership and direction on financial crime matters to business units in the IoM lead by example and be proactive in fostering a strong working partnership with stakeholders.
- Provide bankers, relationship managers, risk managers and colleagues with financial crime advice on political exposure, adverse media, bribery & corruption and source of wealth.
- Be an advocate for doing the right thing, self- motivated and enthusiastic.
- Be a role model to the Financial Crime Advisory Team and actively develop and nurture an environment of excellence within the team.
- Proactively managing risks and providing oversight to the business in relation to financial crime related matters.
- Have a good technical knowledge of the IoM and Offshore Islands regulatory environment and experience of how to interact effectively with the regulator and law enforcement.
What we’re looking for:
- Need SME who understands local requirements and how issues are investigated on the island
- Existing relationship with FRU (Financial reporting unit) is highly desirable
- Have significant experience of delivering high quality anti money laundering support to a sophisticated client base, with a significant proportion of their career spent with the financial services or investment management sectors, with day to day interaction with senior executives.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills in local and international financial crime law and regulation and a solid understanding and working knowledge of financial crime risk and responsibilities
- Be an experienced MLRO.
- Be able to demonstrate proven depth in the core areas of Financial Crime, and be able to quickly apply a combination of technical and commercial thinking to any business issue arising.
- A natural change manager and project leader, be comfortable in fast growing and complex environments, and be able to move effortlessly between strategic topics to day to day regulatory risks.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.