Global Surveillance Transaction Monitoring Data Process and Control VP
Location: London (2-3 days at the office)
The Global Surveillance function (within Compliance Services) provides the capabilities to execute Global Markets Surveillance and Transaction Monitoring (TM) Programmes. We are looking for a Process and Control VP on a contract basis who will support the Head of Surveillance Process and Control Oversight in driving an overall end-end-to-end approach to surveillance processes and controls.
- Support the continued enhancement of risk management across Financial Crime and Market Abuse risk management globally and across transaction cycles
- Lead the Process and Control Oversight team on all Data initiatives and strategy
- Respond to and monitor issues as they arise supporting escalation and management to successful closure
- Lead Data team’s governance and production of MI e.g. PCO oversight dashboard
- Advise stakeholders across the Bank on end-to-end processes, overseeing and challenging delivery
- Collaborate with technology and operations partners on technology architecture design and implementation
- Monitor the team’s service levels and manage the relationships with our service partners
- Good understanding of data quality controls – ability to understand the different risks that can occur during the end to end cycle of data processing and how data controls can mitigate them
- Good understanding of Market Surveillance and/or Transaction Monitoring – understand the data involved in these processes and the key risks behind them
- Good interpersonal skills – the person in this role will act most of the times as a “bridge” between the technical teams and the business leadership
- Knowledge of current trends in Surveillance risk management in large scale financial services
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.