Global Surveillance Transaction Monitoring AVP
Length of contract: 6 months initially
The Global Surveillance function provides the capabilities to execute Global Markets Surveillance & Transaction Monitoring (TM) Programmes that enables Barclays to ensure that the Surveillance & TM automated solutions are suitably fit for purpose, maintained, and optimised in accordance with the requirements of Barclays risk appetite We are looking for a Global Surveillance TM on a contract basis who will focus predominantly on the development and optimisation of Surveillance & TM solutions for in-scope Barclays UK (BUK) and Barclays International (BI) businesses.
- Working with Global Surveillance colleagues to support the development, implementation and optimisation of automated Surveillance & TM automated solutions and capabilities
- Supporting the development of the Financial Crime Data Lake (FIDA) and the Group Data Architecture (Optimus) to ensure that it fulfils the requirements of the Global Surveillance team and the wider Financial Crime function
- Collaborating with Global Surveillance leads, key Business, Operational, Technology and Financial Crime stakeholders to understand key priorities for the bank and identify enhancement opportunities
- Leading on innovation within in the field of Surveillance & TM data analytics
- Follow appropriate governance and oversight requirements, maintaining a correct audit trail where required
- Promote an environment of high quality delivery and continuous improvement – with particular focus on standardising, automating and optimising processes
- Ability to solve problems logically and/or creatively, demonstrating professional judgment, quality control and adherence to high standards
- Creative and forward thinking, striving to innovate, identify, improve and solutions and capabilities
- Knowledge of the UK and Global Financial Crime regulatory framework
- 1 year experience in utilising analytical/data science tools for data exploration, analysis and visualisation – ideally within Financial Services / Financial Crime or a similar field
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.