FX FOBO Analyst
FX FOBO Analyst
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role:
Product Control has a significant presence and role within the organisation. There is a close working relationship with the trading desks and other areas focusing on control, service and reporting. We are a central point of contact for many issues that affect the bank including new product approval, model validation and independent verification of derivative valuations. By placing a heavy emphasis on information technology and focusing on project work we are able to address control and operational risks and meet our internal and external obligations.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for investigating FX breaks between Front Office and Back Office systems
- Understand the p&l and balance sheet impact and escalate appropriately
- Coordinate and lead meetings with various stakeholders as part of the investigation and update process
- Documenting, planning and tracking progress to update senior stakeholder quickly and effectively
- Clearly articulating and presenting to senior management their findings
- Proposing tactical and strategic solutions to clear the breaks
- Working closely with IT to investigate, plan and implement change
- Independently managing time and work flows
- Ability to fully understand complex IT infrastructure and their purpose in relation to FX
- Self-motivated team player, take ownership, accountability, organizational/prioritization skills, proactive, ability to multitask
What we’re looking for:
- Fully Qualified – CIMA/ACCA (or Equivalent Qualification/ Experience)
- 5 years + experience required with an Investment Bank in Product Control function
- Experience of project change and stakeholder management
- Good understanding and past working experience within Equities including understanding of pricing/valuation of these products
- Strong understanding of Trade Life Cycle flow and p&l attribution process and production
- Candidate should have hands on experience of using various Risk system and subledger/settlement system and front office systems.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Responsible attitude with sound time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of IT oriented methods and approaches
Where will you be working?London (working from home)Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our Values Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic workingWe’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.