Location - WFH foreseeable
Duration - 6 months
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
About Financial Control:
Financial Control is responsible for the preparation of statutory, regulatory, tax and management reports for Barclays. It ensures integrity of financial information by implementing and monitoring appropriate controls throughout the organisation.
Overall purpose of role:
This role will support the IB Legal Entity Controller in calculating the bank levy charge for the Investment Bank. It will also include the delivery of a workflow for the bank levy following new rules applied prospectively from 2021, including documentation of the process and developing enhanced controls.
- Computing the bank levy charge for Investment Bank using available enrichments received from numerous Controllers applying specific rules laid out and explained
- Documentation of the reconciliation between the bank levy computation performed and the netting optimisation computed by the Front Office
- Documentation of reviews performed between Financial Control and the Business for control purposes
- Documentation of the new calculation workflow being developed by the team for the bank levy computation
- Developing and suggesting controls to be implemented in the calculation workflow
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with relevant post qualification experience
- Strong Excel skills (advanced skills necessary)
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the software application Alteryx would be preferred but not essential
- A track record of delivering BAU and project outcomes in a short period of time
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.