London (working from home)
Length: 6 months
As a Barclays Financial Controller you will work as part of our Financial Control function responsible for delivering the end-to-end financial control, reporting and governance deliverables for the Barclays UK business. You will be required to drive the resolution of key accounting items specific to the business including drafting of accounting, memos, liaison with Barclays Technical Accounting Group and External auditors.
What will you be doing?
- Lead on the implementation of technical accounting requirements (including new policies and accounting standards) to ensure they are consistently and correctly applied across all products and transactions
- Coordinate updates for senior management on accounting issues across the Barclays Group
- Plan for the monthly control cycle and ensure timelines and deadlines are met
- Understand the purpose and outcomes of processes and take leadership in identifying and implementing improvements to the financial control framework
- Coordinate with local entity controllers to help remediate any errors or concerns within the financial process on a timely basis
- Manage external auditors with regards to quarterly deliverables
What we’re looking for:
- Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA or equivalent accounting qualification
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong analytical, accounting and technical ability
- Excellent communication skills, able to present complex issues confidently to senior stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proactive and willing to take full ownership of deliverables
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.