Financial Control Analyst
Financial Control Analyst
Glasgow (remote role)
Length: 6 months
We are looking for a Financial Control Analyst to join on a contract basis to join the team supporting the financial control and reporting function for elements of the Barclays UK covering principally covering the investments businesses.
As a member of the Barclays UK financial control team, the role is responsible for supporting the end-to-end financial control, reporting and governance deliverables for Barclays UK Investment Management business
What will you be doing?
Financial Control and reporting 80%
- Engage multiple areas outside Finance to obtain full understanding of the end to end control framework and any key control exceptions in other areas.
- Maintain effective financial control of area, ensuring effective communication and stakeholder’s expectations managed.
- Ensure monthly control cycle timelines and deadlines are met, including journal posting, month-end close, reconciliations, and control reviews.
- Timely escalation and investigation into risks and areas of concern.
- Liaise with operations teams to help remediate any errors or concerns highlighted through monthly/daily controls on a timely basis
- Support submission of monthly, quarterly, yearly regulatory and statutory reporting as appropriate
Strategic Initiatives 20%
- Support line manager and team on development of new or amended team processes and deliverables following project changes and ensure these changes are understood and documented
- Support business and line manager by providing finance support for the implementation of new products and manage any end to end changes for finance.
What we’re looking for:
- Financial Service experience is preferred.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach to problem solving and change
- Strong excel skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Qualified Accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Strong Analytical abilities
Where will you be working?
Although the primary location would be Glasgow, this role is completely remote
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.