Financial Assistance - Collections Specialist Advisor
Collections Specialist Advisor (Customer Service)
Northampton or Poole
Length: 3 months (with the potential to extend)
Barclays Bank is looking for a Collections Specialist Advisor to join the Financial Assistance team on a contract basis to support in delivering a first class customer experience.
You will support the team by helping customers who are in financial difficulty and work closely with customers to understand their financial situation and support with repayment solutions in a way that is manageable for customers.
What will you be doing?
· Understand and identify customer needs in order to tailor solutions, whilst ensuring the right outcome for the customer and the bank at the first point of contact
· Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately
· Understand and listen to customer concerns and correctly identify customer complaints to resolve first time ensuring complaint escalation where appropriate
· Correct use of internal systems to ensure that a customer’s records are accurately maintained and up to date
· Making Barclays a great place to work by embracing a culture of change
· Act with integrity as the first line of defence to protect the customer and reputation of Barclays through individual and collaborative engagement across the Barclays group
· Seamless customer service and the achievement of customer satisfaction targets
· Address and, where appropriate, escalate issues and challenges to the Team Leader to achieve the best possible outcome in line with regulation, Barclays policy and best practice
· Identify ideas for operational improvements to deliver an improved service for our customers and enhance efficiency
What we’re looking for:
· Ability to interact with customers via inbound or outbound telephony activity
· Resilience and ability to cope in a fast-paced environment, ensuring you adapt to change in the business and regulatory requirements
· A proactive attitude and ability to take initiative
· Customer service experience and/ or strong communication and ability to demonstrate strong listening skills and show empathy towards a customer's financial situation
· Strong computer literacy and ability to navigate multiple systems
· Strong numeracy and literacy skills
· Ability to understand the different options available to customers and summarise with strong attention to detail
· Strong team player and ability to confidently interact with others but also work independently
Where will you be working?
Northampton or Poole
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.