Length: 6 months
2 days in the office
Overall purpose of role:
You will have the responsibility for receiving documentation from customers and analysing the documentation to ensure it is compliant which enables you to instruct a payment to the customer. The job holder will have day to day interactions with our customers and clients and will be expected to provide an outstanding client experience, strengthening relationships through the effective engagement with customers and clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure policy and procedure standards are applied across all aspects of the end to end payment activity ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all documentation.
- Ensure adherence to quality controls ensuring the maintenance of outstanding Right First Time Scores.
- Ensure throughput is maintained at the required levels to ensure customers are paid on time.
- Ability to clearly communicate your findings and proposals to colleagues and Senior Management, in situations involving non adherence to policy and procedures.
- Understand the goals and objectives of the business unit, ensuring that the Payments function compliments those objectives and that of the wider business.
- Analyse documentation received from customers for accuracy and legitimacy in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements and judge whether the case is fit for payment.
- Have the ability to assess the validity and applicability of previous scenarios evaluate the applicability to any given case when you are presented with situations that are not covered by procedures.
- Have a good knowledge of the governance structure and be able to determine where there are control gaps and or failure in controls.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Able to build and maintain effective internal relationships, with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement and development in all areas of work.
- Strong influencing and communication skills both internally and with customers/clients showing diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Previous experience gained within financial services, ideally within an Operations environment with customer/client interaction.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.