Equity Derivatives Business Oversight Compliance
Contract Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
As a member of the Equities Compliance team, to provide Compliance oversight to Equity Derivatives businesses, delivering a ‘best in class’ partnership as part of a robust Compliance second line of defence.
- As a member of the team, provide day to day compliance support to Equities businesses as a trusted partner providing best in class regulatory advice and guidance and forming part of a robust Compliance second line of defence.
- Particular focus on equity and equity derivative business in UK and Europe, including trading and distribution of equity derivatives, structured products and ancillary products.
- Additional focus on administration of proprietary strategy indices and on asset management relating to index products.
- Expected to be accountable for own book of work, taking ownership of issues and responsibility for seeing matters through to delivery, with the ability to work independently or with support from team members, whilst seeking relevant input from senior partners across all relevant infrastructure and business areas to achieve innovative solutions and/or timely and high quality advice.
- The role demands a commercially aware approach while maintaining high standards of conduct and supporting Barclays Values.
- Driving transmission of Compliance policy, procedures and practice into the business and supporting development by businesses of effective control frameworks and a strong compliance culture, particularly for administration of proprietary strategy indices and asset management..
Executing projects, utilising analytical skills relating to the control environment to deliver results to senior Compliance and business management.
- Informing business of applicable Compliance initiatives, regulatory requirements and rule changes, consultation and implementation, taking a proactive lead in internal discussions to determine Barclays view and implementation.
- This will involve, for example, independent technical analysis of regulatory developments and impact, in collaboration with Compliance colleagues and business partners, and assisting delivery of best in class solutions.
- Leading development and delivery of bespoke Compliance training, including identifying requirements which may arise from, for example, a control gap being identified, changing regulation/exchange rules or other issues or lessons learned.
- Involvement in relevant business projects with regulatory implications, aiming to achieve forward-thinking solutions to changing regulatory requirements such as MiFID II.
- This will include keeping Compliance management and other stakeholders informed and partnering with other infrastructure functions such as Legal, Risk, IT and Operations.
- Real-time and responsive advice to the business and other infrastructure functions on matters arising day-to-day, for example: trading queries relating to market impact, exchange rules, trade amendments or trade reporting, potential conflicts of interest, review of marketing materials, responding to exchange queries (such as real-time trading behaviour or trade reporting), wall crossing requests, non-market price transactions, client complaints, representation of Equities Compliance in governance for a, preparing briefings for senior business and Compliance managers, escalating competition law concerns and potential breaches of law, regulation or internal policy.
- The role does not currently have any direct reports but the candidate will be supported to grow in the future. As a member of a close and supportive team, the individual will be expected to demonstrate leadership, including by guidance and support of less experienced members of the team, and by teamwork, such as overall day-to-day support for Equities Compliance colleagues globally.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or with relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Equities products, with specific focus on Equity
- Derivatives (Sales, distribution, Structuring & Trading)
- Experience within an Advisory or Oversight Compliance function
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory landscape for Equity Derivatives
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policy.
- Assessing risks and controls
- Assisting in the design & implementation of robust procedures and effective training.
- Undertaking monitoring and reviews and evidencing actions agreed with key stakeholders.
- Understanding of the rules of main European Stock Exchanges
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.