Equities Change Programme Portfolio Manager
Equities Programme Manager
Length: 6 Months
Overall purpose of role
To manage Execution Risk effectively, deliver on our Group strategy and satisfy all our stakeholders, we must deliver our initiatives consistently and transparently. Portfolio and Programme Managers apply the right processes, tools, methods and skills to manage the delivery of a project from business case through to closure, ensuring consistent focus on front to back business outcomes and target value proposition.
- Ensure that the programme of work adheres to the control framework by resolving or escalating any blockers
- Review and challenge of financial performance metrics with project and programme managers
- Delivery assurance – plan, review, and challenge key initiatives
- Direct interaction with stakeholders in Technology and the Business, including Managing Director Level. Be objective, and have a disciplined approach to programme delivery while raising issues in a timely and transparent manner.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
We are looking for
- Experience working within the Markets, ideally Equities, domain – middle office / technology / operations
- Experience delivering Equities technology projects
- Project/Programme management and Change Governance experience
- Experience designing and improving project governance and control frameworks
- Someone who is an excellent communicator, ideally experience with executive level, and with an ability to challenge and read-between-the-lines
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.