Length: 6 months with a possibility for an extension
As a Barclays Engagement Lead you will be part of our Engagement Team within the HR Optimisation Department that contributes to the Barclays of the future by providing data-led insight alongside trusted HR guidance towards the delivery of a number of initiatives that enable a simple, efficient and insightful HR.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide engagement advice and support across key projects within HR Optimisation including the development of engagement plans and the delivery of engagement activities to relevant audiences.
What will you be doing?
• Developing and maintain engagement plans for supported projects
• Participating in relevant project team meetings, representing the Engagement team
• Gathering required content for engagement materials and ensuring content is written in a clear, concise language
• Producing required engagement materials, including email communications, briefing packs, articles, FAQs, etc.
• Managing all engagement queries arising from supported projects
• Capturing feedback and lessons learned on delivered engagement activities to continue to improve activities in the future
• Working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure they are kept up-to-date on engagement activities and they have the opportunity to feed into engagement materials
• Networking with other engagement leads in HR Optimisation and across Barclays to align activities, where appropriate, and share best practice
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience of understanding business requirements, change impacts and communications delivery
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to translate large amounts of information into a clear narrative
• Ability to build and maintain relationships as well as to influence and communicate at all levels
• Ability to present content in a clear visual format, using Microsoft PowerPoint
• Previous experience supporting engagement across large scale transformations
• Knowledge of working within HR processes and systems and experience working in financial services is desirable
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.