Employee Relations Change Manager
Employee Relations Change Manager - VP
Length: 6 months
About the role:
- The role holder will support the Workforce Change and Restructuring delivery model pan Barclays with a specific focus on BB PLC – Investment Banking and Markets business areas. The change portfolio will also include managing change activity across Europe (and support for Functions and Location Strategy WFC activity as required)
- Essential for the role holder to have experience in managing senior / individual exits, within a fast paced environment
- The role holder will be required to negotiate and influence senior stakeholders, encouraging leaders to manage change within policy and agreed managing change parameters
- Questioning and challenging others to get to the root of people and business issues
- Experience in managing negotiations with impacted colleagues and external legal counsel is also preferred
- The role holders will need to own the change activity end to end, from due diligence, through to processing and executing the redundancy in HR systems
- The role holder will be required to drive and support allocated change programmes
- Support and drive the HR workstream for change programmes such as restructuring, LEE transfers, outsourcing, in sourcing, new site set up, across our global locations leveraging in country HRBP, ER and other specialist HR functions as required
What will you be doing?
- Project Initiation: Ensure the HR project plan supports the business implementation plan / RAID log / reporting requirements; Engage key HR stakeholders engaged on project, including regional counterparts
- Due Diligence: Understand the legal and IR framework for the specific type of change and country/region in scope; Ensure the project team are aware of any applicable policies that may impact approach, timelines or costs; Ensure that necessary approvals are in place prior to moving into consultation (e.g. financial, GRESCO, business, ER Op Co (LEE transfers)
- Consultation: Support the business in the development of consultation papers, and settlement agreements / without prejudice scripts; Regular updates to Unite (where required) and/or other employee representatives through project life
- Implementation: Deliver projects compliant with HR policies and procedures; Co-ordinate and deliver implementation plans
- Communication Plan: Working with the communications work stream, ensure there is a structured and robust communication plan to support the change project.
- Governance and Risk: Ensure consistency with approach to key HR policies in respect of redundancy, retention, relocation and redeployment; Complete weekly reports and input into RAID logs; Manage and co-ordinate all data / MI in respect of change programmes, including updating and tracking programmes for Workforce Change and Restructuring
- COE: Build and maintain specialist knowledge and best practices in Change Management.
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services, Investment banking background is an advantageous
- HR Business Partner experience
- Workforce change management experience
- Experience of leading large scale/multiple change programmes
- Experience of delivering change programmes outside the UK
- Experience of leading Union/works council consultations
- A good understanding of current employment legislation
- Project management, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working in a highly matrixed organisation
- Solid appreciation of the importance of recognising cultural and geographic sensitivities
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Using effective communication skills to ensure customers understand our message and the actions / recommendations that should be followed to resolve an issue.
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Logical decision-making, effective listening, clarity of thought and utmost professionalism
- Full understanding of Barclays HR Service processes
- Charted CIPD qualified (not essential)
- A good understanding of reward structures and approaches
- Self-starter with the commitment to driving through change within the HR function.
- Effective communicator, through both verbal and written communication.
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.