Employee Conduct Analyst
Length of contract: 6 months
About BX Compliance
The BX Compliance team is the appointed service provider for Compliance Services to Barclays Legal Entities. In particular, BX Compliance is responsible for providing Compliance shared services and risk management capabilities across Barclays.
Overall purpose of the role
An analyst within the Employee Conduct Operations Team will be required to contribute to the following areas: Breach Management & Reward, Personal Investments & Affiliations, Compliance Registrations, Senior Manager Regime and the wider Employee Conduct Book of Work.
- Identify key data and action points for escalation to leadership to opine on Employee Conduct matters
- Updating monthly MI for presentation to key stakeholders
- Offer practical solutions and suggestions for process improvement – especially in identifying inefficiencies in current Employee Conduct Operations processes
- Contribute to training on the various Employee Conduct policies & regulations to all LoD in the Bank, offering pragmatic ‘know how’ to line managers on all Employee Conduct matters.
- Processing of Employee Conduct Exceptions and undertake Quality Assurance in line with specific team procedures
What we are looking for
- Apprentice degree or equivalent or work experience within the financial services
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and a diligent approach to understanding and confirming facts
- Understanding of how to identify risk and escalate appropriately
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to initiate, build and maintain good relationships
Skills that help you in the role
- Some experience of Compliance is preferable – ideally in Employee Compliance
- Basic understanding of Risk management and control functions
- Understanding of LEAN and AGILE ways of working
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.