EMIR Operations Analyst
Role: EMIR Operations Analyst
Location: London (remote to begin with)
Duration: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
The candidate will be part of the TTRO EMIR Regulatory Reporting team. They will responsible for supporting the team with a shared allocation day to day controls associated with the complete, accurate and timely reporting of EMIR (existing) transactions reported by Barclays.
Working with EMIR Reporting BAU and Strategy and Remediation Ops and tech colleagues to:
o Monitoring of daily activity to the Global Trade Repository (DTCC) and related exception management process
o Trend and root cause analysis for completeness, accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
o Defect management - analyzing, logging and tracking reporting defects in accordance with the defined risk model and escalation protocol.
o Responding to reporting queries for OTC derivative businesses, both internally and externally, including Pairing and Matching queries.
o Test regulatory changes to reporting logic, including upstream technical or business changes and facilitating replay activities required post fix implementation
o Assistance running existing timeliness and completeness controls (daily, weekly and monthly) as well as with embedding new controls, to close control gaps.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Fostering excellent working relationship with internal counterparts (extended teams in other Global Locations, IT, Risk and Control, Business (FO, Sales, Business Managers), Reference Data, Trade Support, Conformations and Collateral teams.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Ability to meet regulatory, client and TTRO timelines through analysis ofmis-reporting, under-reporting and late reporting issues. Able to review large data sets and analyse complex EMIR reporting issues to determine solutions.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good knowledge in one or more of the Derivatives products:
o Exchange Traded Futures and Options (for the purposes of Pairing and Matching)
· Understanding of Trade Lifecycle, including exposure to Operations functions and an understanding of front-to-back functions that support the various businesses.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· An in-depth working knowledge of EMIR Reporting Obligations across intraday and end of day requirements
· Working knowledge of one or more OTC Derivative products
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, including and not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Excel knowledge should include v-look ups, pivot tables and moderately complex formulae.
· Working knowledge of EMIR Pairing and Matching Requirements
· Working knowledge of Exchange Traded Futures and Options
· Experience working in managing exceptions and/ort reconciliations