Economic Crime Project Manager (VP)
Start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 6 months initially
Location: London or Northampton (1-2 days at the office)
The Economic Crime Team is responsible for the effective risk management, control oversight, customer outcomes and driving innovative solutions. We are looking for a Project Manager on a contract basis who will have overall accountability and end-to-end delivery management for a set of related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework.
- Accountable for project delivery activities aligning to the business case, scope, schedule and cost constraints inherent within the change environment at the project level and how they intersect with key enablers required for successful delivery
- Accountable for programme planning, including the progressive elaboration of scope into detailed work packages underpinning a critical path at the project level
- Creation, management, and execution of a risk management framework including risk trigger/identification, risk assessment, risk control, and risk mitigation
- Acts as a role model in terms of behaviour and commitment to collaboration across the change delivery organisation
- Lead and champion key activities to enhance the wider team culture such as but not limited to: Citizenship, Knowledge, Process & Tools, Resource Assignment Management, Recruitment & Onboarding, Professional Development, Culture, and Unified PM
- Lead high levels of collaboration across BUK, bringing together subject matter experts from multiple fields and ensure problem statements and solutions are clearly articulated
- Experience in fraud or financial crime space and terminology or regulatory background is a great advantage
- Successful people leadership at a senior level within a large organisation
- Confident and strong ability to influence key Stakeholders through presenting and interpreting data
- Industry expertise in Change Management to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support
- A confident and assured communicator who makes relationships work
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.