Digital Product Manager
Digital Product manager
Length: 6 months
The Digital Product Manager will be accountable for business outcomes and play a key role as part of the overall Development team. Working in an Agile way to deliver features for Barclays Payments Digital Transformation initiatives.
Working alongside a Senior Product Owner, they will collaborate with a variety of project teams, business stakeholders, internal and external providers to deliver best in class services. Focus will be to enhance the customers and colleagues experience to encourage adoption of our products and services.
They will help drive digital acceptance and implementation of features through active roles across all phases of the project lifecycle from initiation, design, build, test through to go-live. They will understand the broad needs of the business, the competitive landscape in which their product operates, and work with Commercial and Customer Facing team to spot trends and technical developments opportunities. At the same time, they will understand every detail of the digital product from design to functionality to usability. They will serve as a Digital experience subject matter expert within the digital payment processing space.
- Understand business and customer needs and translate them into detailed, functional requirements
- Understand the competitive landscape, customers and business
- Participate in fulfilling digital aspects of the Barclays Payments Digital Transformation agenda
- Evaluate a variety of business and customer needs and analyse their impact on the digital offering, helping to identify opportunities and execute on ideas quickly
- Support the release of specific product features through collaboration with Commercial, Operations and other BP business teams to address ongoing questions from the project team to help build the best product possible
- Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals
- Utilisation of customer research and testing techniques to ensure simple customer design is central to design & delivery
- Define and monitor digital data success metrics including value case
- Support the Product Owner in interacting with Marketing, Technology, and Barclays Payments business representatives to present new ideas, share progress, and achieve outcomes for digital customer management
- Work closely with technical development teams, performance engineering, information security, quality assurance and others to ensure that features are delivered with quality, minimal risk, and perform up to Barclays standards
- Problem solving skills are important for this role as he/she will often be presented with challenges that need to be solved digitally including user experience issues with complicated technical underpinnings. Ability to effectively evaluate trade-offs with the Product Owner and Digital Transformation team while keeping the customer at the centre is especially important.
- Strong judgement on what is acceptable to put in market and when is a critical need for this role as they will have an influence on customer facing systems
- Given the always-on nature of digital, having an analytical mind set is critical. They must be confident in digital analytics (the what), voice of the customer analytics and measurement (the why), and customer relationship analytics (the why) to ensure key results are achieved
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Strong problem solver, with strong written and communication skills
- Confident negotiating skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in digital strategy
- Ability to visually present requirements
- Experience of agile delivery
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Customer Experience
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.