About eFIC Markets Execution Technology
The eFIC Markets Execution team is a globally distribution function for Capitals Markets Technology with teams located in London, New York, Prague, Pune, and Singapore, designing and delivering bespoke trading platforms across Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Money Markets, Structured Products and the Rates business lines. The teams contribute to enhancing our Market Leading BARX platform which is used globally by Institutional, Corporate and Private Wealth clients.
Overall purpose of role
- The DevOps engineer will identify and implement a CI/CD pipeline for BARX. The current CI is in its infancy so the role is to continue to establish and implement the tools and process required for the delivery of a complex product
- The DevOps engineer will suggest and develop improvements to the release processes within the team, taking into account the firm’s and regulator’s artefact requirements
- BARX has access to a number of internal XaaS providers and the role includes using these to reduce the in-team support overheard of our development. The role includes identifying ways to reduce the support and management of our dev, test and live environments
- Working with other technical leads and release managers within the development team to establish and manage the CI pipeline
- Working with the support teams to ensure successful handover of any CD changes implemented
- Documenting tools and process as required
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with TeamCity (our existing CI), Oracle (or other relational database technologies), NoSql
- Experience with real time high frequency and/or low latency front office trading systems, and the system requirements that they may have
- Proven experience in working in the Investment banking
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.