Location: Hybrid- 1-2 days in the office, required to travel to one of these locations (London, Knutsford, Glasgow, Northampton)
Length: 6 months
Hours: 35 Hours, Mon-Fri
Overall purpose of role
This role exists to help provide Barclays with a global catalogue of high quality, cost effective and relevant learning content that will support current and future skills development resulting in improved business performance and career mobility.
This role will support the overall content ecosystem for Barclays. They support the wider Development team in defining our overall content strategy based on the needs and future of the business ensuring that we have content to meet needs readily available.
This role will lead our digital first strategy ensuring that all content is impactful efficient and engaging. They will own the definition of our content catalogues and the learning methodologies and frameworks that support them.
This role is critical in connecting the provision of interactive digital, virtual and face to face learning content into our learning architecture and technology. They will work adeptly with a wide variety of content templates ensuring that are all connected and drive the right outcomes.
- Design thinking - Understands the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking, and applies the knowledge and processes to design new products and services or improve existing ones
- Product design life cycle - Knowledge and application of the product design life cycle; the ability to design and produce deliverables using appropriate methodologies in a range of scenarios across the bank.
- Digital Transformation - Understand the strategies, technologies and practices related to effective digital transformation. Recognises the importance and impact of digital transformation on the bank that can be used to support product design.
- Content mapping - The role holder using their SME knowledge will consult and provide input on content mapped against the One Talent framework using the skills proficiency levels when designing new or iterating existing solutions.
- Consult with the Development BM Team with the Quarterly business reviews and demand fulfilment activities to ensure development proposition and catalogue is up-to-date for key stakeholder meetings.
- Managing stakeholder groups and programme sponsors connected to Portfolio book of work
- Overall responsibility for development products with execution being supported by the Demand & Fulfilment team
- Global delivery and execution against budget, maintaining a consistent global learner experience
- Stakeholder Management
- Designing Products
- Product design lifestyle
- Development solutions
- Understanding of working with digital learning platforms and digital solutions
- Advanced Excel (to Pivot table level) and PowerPoint (Consultancy level)
- Ability to operate in a global matrix environment
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.