Data Modeller VP
VP Data Modeller
Length: 6 Months
This role is a Data Modelling / Data Analyst role needed to support HR Data Architecture delivery and HR compliance with the Group Data Management Policy and standards. This role will be responsible for enabling HR to meet some of the Group Data Architecture Capabilities, including but not limited to Master and Reference Data Management, Data Modelling and Metadata Management.
The role has both a technical side with the Data Model delivery as well as a Business Analysis side to gain the necessary level of understanding for the data definition and usage. The role will be responsible for identifying data entities and describing the relationships between them, as a model, based on business context, process and existing systems clearly showing source to target mappings for Human Resources. Support both intra-system data design and embedding of metadata management behaviours into the HR function. The role will also support the execution of governance related activities, including architecture review forums and project delivery in adherence to standards.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for supporting the HR CDA and HR Data Modelling Lead in the on-going development of the Data Modelling Capability within HR
- Responsible for delivering data models within HR
- Supporting the implementation of the Group Data Management Policy and Standard and the Group Data Architecture Capabilities
- Contribute to the development of a high performance culture within the HR Transformation Team, which positions Barclays as the Employer of Choice
What we’re looking the Key Skills Required:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills as it will cover all the data domains for HR and will provide the Data Model that will be implemented in the HR Data Hub
- Familiar with at least one industry standard data design tool (e.g. ER Studio EA Sparks, ERWIN)
- Good knowledge of at least one major RDBMS’ physical metadata capabilities, esp SQL Server 2016
- Familiar with Kimball methodology in data warehouse design
- Broad understanding of HR function, purposes and organizational structure
- Understanding of HR MI’s utilisation within the organization, with an understanding of incoming future industry trends.
Where will you be working?
This role will be based remotely, but as the offices start to re-open, it can be based from either Glasgow or Northampton.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.