Data Centre Technician
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Length: 6 months
Hours: 12 Hour Shifts, 3 on 3 off (Days 6am-6pm & Nights 6pm-6am)
Overall purpose of role
The Datacentre Operations Technicians (DCOPS) role is to provide operational support for the Datacentre during a 24x7x365 schedule. The DCOPS tech will be responsible for addressing faults, incidents, and change requests which are reported to the DCOPS team via the ticket management system within designated SLA’s. Installs, Moves, and Changes will be implemented by the DCOPS tech based on work orders submitted to the IMAC team. The DCOPS tech also handles IT related shipments including recording and ensuring that all access requests are compliant with policy.
- IMAC/Break-Fix activities
- Racking and un-racking of devices according to IMAC plan/schedule
- Connection of power cords from to devices to power outlets
- Ensuring IMAC processes are followed according to procedure
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware issues with servers and other devices
- Incident/Change activities
- Documentation and reporting of all faults
- Manage and maintain all problem records through to rectification/close
Report and manage any environmental problems to Service Operations and CRES team
- Record all deliveries and collections at the site
- Working in a 24/7 running environment + shift patterns in a technology environment
- Proficient in hardware operational skills for most systems within the Data Centre (HP, Cisco & Super Micro Systems)
- Proficient in the operation of productivity software packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Bank services hosted in DC
- Skilled in the operation of DC test equipment
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.