Customer Support (KYC)
Customer Support (KYC)
- Location: Remote/Home-based
- Duration: 6 months
- Hours/week: 35/week
Develop your skills with Barclays
Barclays’ goal is to deliver an extraordinary customer experience every time. And the Customer Care team are the people that make it happen. You’ll provide specialist support to new and existing business banking customers, helping them navigate account opening, onboarding and KYC related processes. You’ll listen to their challenges, build strong relationships and find solutions to their problems so that they can continue to grow their business.
Barclays will support you in building your expertise in their products, policies and processes with an initial two-week training programme. You’ll then be given ongoing support, to help you refine your knowledge and develop your skills.
How will you help Barclays’ customers?
- Handle and resolve client and senior manager problems or complaints relating to the account opening process and KYC processes.
- Work to resolve complaints at the first point of contact by following the bank’s complaints handling process.
- Listen carefully to gather the facts and build an understanding of the customer’s issue, concern or query so that the root cause can be identified, investigated and resolved at the first point of contact.
- Act as a process specialist, delivering a tailored service and advice to help customers effectively navigate through the account opening process.
- Take responsibility, ensuring data obtained within the account opening and KYC process is accurate and that the customer’s records are kept up-to-date within internal systems.
- Using tact and diplomacy, deliver difficult messages to customers who do not meet the bank’s proposition, ensuring the reasons behind the decision are carefully explained.
- Proven experience of operating in a customer-focused role.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritise the customer experience and solve customer’s problems/requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a range of Business Banking processes, procedures and systems.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to different customers and situations.
- Confidence to communicate, network and quickly build effective relationships with a wide range of customers and stakeholders.
- Highly motivated – takes personal responsibility and accountability to provide the best client experience.
- Adaptable to change and actively looks for ways to improve internal processes to benefit the client and drive commercial value
- Proven ability and knowledge in using Microsoft Office tools to a high standard.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.