Customer Services Executive
Location: Glasgow - OFFICE BASED
Length of contract: initially 6 months (will be extended to 12 months on a rolling contract)
Barclays is looking for a Customer Services Executive to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience by providing excellent service that helps customers to achieve their ambitions and meets their day to day banking needs. Your focus of customers will be different companies playing a key role in Barclay's business, so this is the time to shine your excellence.
- You will be accountable for delivering an effortless service by developing situational empathy on every inbound and outbound call and resolve client queries effectively.
- Record client contacts accurately on all applicable systems
- Manage client relationships, and respond in a timely and professional manner to requests, owning task execution end to end.
- Work pro-actively with Operations and support functions to ensure delivery, resolve issues and mitigation of errors.
- Ensure our clients are aware of every aspect of day to day banking including setting up payments and direct debits/standing orders, cash transfers and foreign exchange
- Being able to organise your own time, effectively manage your customer diary and react to periods of heavy customer footfall
- Experience dealing with personal wealth clients/ companies and high end clients
- Extensive customer service experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Banking background is beneficial
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.