Customer Service Team Lead
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Service Team Lead.
Length of contract: 6 months
Hours and working pattern: 35 hours**
Possible working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM-6 PM.
£16 per hour
Overall purpose of role
Support a Team of up to 20 agents who work to ensure all support to our clients and colleagues are completed to the highest standards, whilst delivering a robust, effective and timely client experience.
Conduct day to day Barclays Business Support Operations, including allocation and prioritisation of workload, and customer support across a team of Support Staff.
Take personal ownership to support clients and internal colleagues by acting as a specialist escalation point for Business Banking account opening queries and support.
Supporting the collective team responsibility to improve customer experience.
What will you be doing?
- Support team with the development of staff identifying relevant training requirements where necessary.
- Take Accountability and commit to improving the customer experience through operational excellence by acting as an escalation point for requests and queries.
- Effectively handle and resolve client and senior manager/leaders problems or complaints.
- Ensure relevant consequence management is invoked where performance issues lie with team and provide relevant coaching and development to increase capability.
- Ensure the team complete any requests within Service Level Agreements (SLA) and all calls within relevant KPI’s, identifying any ‘hot spots’ that need to be addressed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in leading a team.
- Work independently and as part of a team as necessary Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues.
- Collect and analyse information step-by-step to identify underlying problems and complexities of each situation.
- Assess and resolve case-by-case specific problems using your experience, specialist knowledge, expertise and judgement to develop potential solutions before determining the best response out of a possible range of solutions.
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.