Customer Service Specialist
Length- 6 Months
Hybrid position- 2-3 days in the office
Overall purpose of the role:
- Ensure policy and procedure standards are applied across all aspects of the end to end payment activity ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all documentation.
- Ensure adherence to quality controls ensuring the maintenance of outstanding Right First Time Scores
- Ensure throughput is maintained at the required levels to ensure customers are paid on time.
- Ability to clearly communicate your findings and proposals to colleagues and Senior Management, in situations involving non adherence to policy and procedures
- Understand the goals and objectives of the business unit, ensuring that the Payments function compliments those objectives and that of the wider business.
- Be alive to the changing environment we operate in, keeping up-to-date with new policies and guidelines
- Analyse documentation received from customers for accuracy and legitimacy in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements and judge whether the case is fit for payment.
- Have the ability to assess the validity and applicability of previous scenarios evaluate the applicability to any given case when you are presented with situations that are not covered by procedures
- Contribute and challenge to improve performance is essential, along with the ability to communicate with peers and senior members of the team.
- Have an in depth understanding of a number of policies and have the ability to apply the principals to all cases in your portfolio.
- This requires the ability to assess the validity and applicability of previous or similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances that are not covered by procedures
- Have a good knowledge of Corporate Structures and their Legal types.
- Have a good knowledge of Finance reconciliation
- Have a good knowledge of the governance structure and be able to determine where there are control gaps and or failure in controls.
- Have a good understanding of incident management and when there is a need to escalate.
- Act as a trainer/mentor to any new member of the team.
- Utilise existing network to support customer queries.
- Able to build and maintain effective internal relationships, with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement and development in all areas of work
Strong influencing and communication skills both internally and with customers/clients showing diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Excellent command, both written and verbal, of the English language
- Have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience gained within financial services, ideally within an Operations environment with customer/client interaction.
- Relationship builder and with a reputation for integrity, evoking rapid trust and confidence by clients and the team.
- Excellent Team player with the ability to be fungible in their day to day activities.
- Outstanding ability to follow agreed processes
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.