Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist
Length: 6 months
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM-6 PM
Hybrid Position with 2 / 3 days in office.
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
To get you off to a great start, you’ll begin the contract with a six-week training program, where you’ll learn about Barclays, banking and the role. This training runs from Monday to Friday, from 9-5pm first 2 weeks in the office.
Overall purpose of role
To provide first class service to the bank’s highest valued and profitable UK corporate clients. Handling of technical, complex queries for channels (iPortal, BACSTEL-IP and Barclays.Net) and File Gateway. End-to-end proactive query management for a dedicated clients.
Use of initiative to provide high-speed resolution of queries engaging with various teams across the wider Barclays group.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
- Managing a team-based portfolio of clients using in-depth specialist knowledge across a range of supported products.
- Queries will be received via phone or email and the role holder will be responsible for ensuring all Service Levels are met.
- Speaking to clients to update them on the progress of outstanding cases.
- Turning client dissatisfaction around by either resolving or identifying system/process enhancements.
- Ensure all call documentation is complete, accurate, concise, detailed, legible and escalated to the correct area for further resolution if required.
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts.
- Ensure customer complaints are handled effectively and within Barclays policy and complaint handling targets.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strong customer service experience
- Complaints handling experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of colleagues including senior stakeholders;
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and to deliver to a high standard of accuracy;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Significant attention to detail;
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
Where will you be working?
Radbroke Hall, Knutsford (Hybrid)
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.