Customer Service Specialist
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Service Specialists to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs.
This is an amazing opportunity to polish professional skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
Length of contract: 6 months initially
Hours and working pattern: 35 hours**
Possible working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM-6 PM. Hybrid role: working from home or in the office (2 to 3 days per week).
As a Customer Service Specialist, you are required to provide excellent service and support within a Telephony role you will act as a main point of contact for Barclays Business and Commit to the ‘Go-to’ banking ethos by providing appropriate banking solutions and building trust, confidence and reliable support to Barclays Business customers. Maintain a customer contact history, recording and updating relevant and accurate details. Delivering a world-class customer service by executing, owning and resolving customer’s queries within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA). Build effective relationships through trust, confidence and reliable support across the business network, working collaboratively with Seniors Business Managers.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering a personalized, expert, quality-driven service to Barclays Business customers.
- Providing a first-class experience for all our customers, demonstrating ownership of all queries and acting as the first point-of-contact for all their day-to-day banking requirements, using various communication methods.
- Acting on client prompts to capture data, and making changes to accounts in line with agreed procedures across the Service Centre.
- Capturing customer information during calls to develop an understanding of the customer’s needs.
What we’re looking for:
- Customer service experience and the ability to communicate with a wide range of customers
- Financial services background is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A strong level of computer literacy and proficient keyboard skills
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team
Where will you be working?
From home and from the main office in Gadbrook. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.