Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Location: Liverpool (office-based/ work from home - flexibility needed)
Duration: 12 months
No previous banking knowledge is needed. We are looking for experience in a call centre or in a customer-focused role, but this can be from retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry.
To get you off to a great start, you’ll begin the contract with a four-week training programme, where you’ll learn about Barclays, banking and the role. This initial training runs from Monday to Friday, from 9-5pm.
After this, you’ll join the team in our customer call centre, which operates from Monday to Sunday, between 7am and 11pm. You’ll work 35 hours a week during these hours. Initially, this will be a hybrid role, where you’ll work at home and onsite in the call centre. As COVID restrictions are lifted you will move to the office full-time.
At Barclays, our goal is to deliver an extraordinary customer experience every time. And our Customer Care team are the people that make it happen. Working at our customer contact centre in Liverpool, you’ll connect with customers, resolving their problems and making every customers’ experience a positive one.
We’ll build your expertise in our products, policies and processes with an initial four-week training programme. Then we’ll provide ongoing support, to help you refine your knowledge and develop your skills. You don’t need call centre experience or financial services expertise, just strong communication skills and a customer-focused approach.
How will you help Barclays’ customers?
- Respond to customer queries and provide excellent customer service on behalf of Barclays.
- Use your initiative to find solutions to customer problems that exceed customer expectations.
- Work with different communication tools, including telephone and electronic communications, such as email, SMS, Chat.
- Break down customer queries and draw on a range of information to fully understand the cause, impact and solution.
- Organise and prepare for each planned customer contact.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, adhere to relevant Policies & Standards (outlined in the Code of Conduct) and detailed in our four-week training programme.
- Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately.
- Use our internal systems to make sure customers’ records are accurately maintained and up to date.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to communicate with customers in an easy to understand and efficient way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer-focused role, this can be in retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.