Customer Relations Executive
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Relations Executive to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs.
This is an amazing opportunity to pick-up new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
Length of contract: 6 months initially
Hours and working pattern: 35 hours**
**Working pattern will fall between Monday to Friday, anytime between 8am to 8pm. Daily working hours: 8 hours including an hour lunch break. Hybrid role: working from home or in the office (1 day from the branch and 4 days from home).
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer/client interactions in a professional and caring manner
- Natural empathizer with the willingness and ability to understand others point of view and to build rapport with customers /clients
- Desire to embrace the freedom provided to do the right thing for the customer/client to derive the right outcome and exceed customer expectations
- Ability to break down complex issues and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact and solution
- Ability to balance different viewpoints, customer/client insight and policies to reach the right customer and Bank outcome
- Interact with customers/clients on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
- Investigate customer/client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect. Utilise all resources to assess and evaluate situations at pace.
- Create exceptional customer/client experiences by being professional, caring and taking ownership when delivering outcomes and keeping promises. Identify and select accountable language (verbally and in writing) that will make any experience feel easier for a customer
- Proactively intercept and tune into issue avoidance, confidently making self-initiated contact, anticipating needs and addressing customer/clients queries and concerns efficiently and effectively and surprising with unexpected solutions
- Previous customer service experience is needed
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both in written and oral)
- Collaborative approach to finding solutions
- Ability to take the heat out of challenging situations, remaining in control and empathetic
- Excellent team player, supporting a culture of individuality, fun, and the sharing and embedding of best practice
- Ability to work individually and under pressure
- Ability to accept and embrace a changing environment
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.