Customer Experience Research Manager
Remote, initially and then London
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
Working in collaboration with other DNA teams and with senior stakeholders, the job holder will have accountability to manage the collection and analysis of information using appropriate research techniques, and using findings from new and previous studies, to inform business decisions and to provide actionable recommendations, across BUK.
What will you be doing?
To provide market research input to BUK strategic decisions on customer, proposition, product and/or channel projects, providing consultancy, end-to-end project management, and interpretation of outputs
· To design and manage market research, providing internal expertise and driving the performance of third party market research agencies
· To manage the delivery and analysis of information from customers, potential customers, staff and opinion formers employing appropriate research techniques, to inform business decisions
· To own the market research outputs and champion their adoption by stakeholders
Research project management and delivery (70%)
· Through research consultancy, shape the development of major BUK initiatives, developing thorough understanding of Barclays strategy & internal client needs
· Build deep understanding of consumer needs and buying motivations through research, using innovative and creative techniques where appropriate
· Work with the other specialists within DNA to provide internal clients with joined-up insights and solutions.
· Analyse research results, working with vendors. Produce and deliver clear, actionable recommendations, linking through to customer needs and business implications
· Influence strategic planning across the business by highlighting key results from research projects (and identifying implicit links between unconnected projects) to a wider audience including stakeholders in Customer, DNA and Councils.
· Ensure that all projects are delivered effectively, on time, on budget & on brief.
· Gain formal feedback from clients at regular stages throughout each project, reviewing and improving levels of client service on an ongoing basis.
· Publish research findings, gathering feedback in order to increase the value generated.
What we’re looking for:
Proven expertise in Market Research
· Solid understanding of research best practices in a financial services environment
· Proven ability to effectively work across teams at a senior level and across businesses
· Writing customer concepts with clearly articulated benefits
· Proven ability to manage third party agencies
· High personal drive and resilience/flexibility especially in the face of ambiguity, change and complexity
· Knowledge of Group structures and BUK strategy
Skills that will help you in the role:
· In-depth knowledge of BUK and specifically your Council area, encompassing strategy, structure, products, markets and competitors
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com