Customer Complaint Specialist
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
Take ownership of an exceptional customer and client experience and strengthen relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients on their terms within a multi-channel environment. The role will investigate emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products and services to understand the cause, impact and solution. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, the role will deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
Customer and Client Outcomes 85%
- Emotionally connect with customers/clients to engage in their story and by being passionate about what customers/clients are passionate about, create moments that matter and are memorable
- Interact with customers/clients on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
- Investigate customer/client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect.
- Always think and act customer, involving customers/clients in determining outcomes that are best for them, understanding their short, medium and long term needs
- Create exceptional customer/client experiences by being professional, caring and taking ownership when delivering outcomes and keeping promises.
- Identify and select accountable language (verbally and in writing) that will make any experience feel easier for a customer
- Identify ways to make the customer/client feel valued beyond the decisioning of a complaint
- Take ownership of customer complaints and queries from external stakeholders (including the Financial Ombudsmen (FOS) and Claims Management Companies (CMCs)) providing timely accurate responses and collaborating to develop fair outcomes
- Demonstrate a strong level of competence in our digital products, enabling you to proactively educate customers/clients to have confidence in consistently using alternative channels of their choice, at times to suit them
- Proactively prepare for each contact, demonstrating all of the desired behaviours
- Confidently challenge what is not right and influence what is, identifying opportunities for improvement using all available feedback loops
- Embrace and support the implementation of improvements and change into the team
- Excellent listening skills & resilience
- Knowledge of Banking products and services
- Knowledge of regulatory and risk requirements relating to complaints
- Experience of Barclays customer information and management systems Multi-channel able and digitally savvy
- Excellent team player, supporting a culture of individuality, fun, and the sharing and embedding of best practice
- Ability to work individually and under pressure
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.