Location - Glasgow/London
Duration - 6 months
PAYE Direct - Inside IR35
About Chief Controls Office (CCO)
The CCO is structured to mirror and support the overall bank, with CCO teams looking after the Technology, Risk, Compliance, Security and Finance functions across Barclays UK, Barclays International and Barclays Execution Services legal entities.
Overall purpose of role
The Role is to support the Barclays annual Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) process. This includes the review and assessment of process documentation, performing design effectiveness assessments, operating effectiveness testing, and assessment of control issues. This also includes driving improvements across the SOX front to back process and wider control environment across the Bank.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate your excellent background in Auditing, finance within the financial services industry. Being able to identify, document and testing controls - have a good understanding of COSO framework and SOX requirements and its application to internal controls for financial reporting. Ability to understand, implement and drive improvements to a risk & control framework.
- Conduct SOX Design Effectiveness Assessments (DEA) which includes documenting the walkthrough meetings and procedures
- Conduct SOX Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET) which includes preparing a detailed request list, selecting appropriate samples for testing and executing the testing in line with Barclays SOX Methodology
- Identifying and communicating any DEA and OET deficiencies and following up with control owners to ensure deficiencies are resolved in a timely manner
- Strong understanding of internal controls and governance including knowledge of financial accounting and products, control governance and SOX
- Execution and delivery-focused, able to drive a process forward effectively and efficiently in a timely manner; able to effectively challenge current processes and develop recommendations
- Effectively communicates and influences different audiences using suitable channels for achieving clear outcomes, consensus and conflict resolution.