Consolidation and Reporting Manager - Product/Financial control
Consolidation and Reporting Manager - AVP
Length: 6 months
About the role:
The individual will mainly support the production of internal review packs and annual report disclosures, as well as certain regulatory returns to the PRA and other regulatory bodies.
What will you be doing?
- Preparation of note disclosures, which form part of the externally published documents (Annual Report, Results Announcement, Interim Management Statements).
- Review and challenge of the data and supplementary analysis submitted by regional finance and product control teams.
- Ensure that the integrity of the financial data remains within the highest standard, by ensuring that adequate financial and process controls are in place.
- Supporting other internal initiatives to improve the efficiency of work processes.
- Work together with internal stakeholders to support them on any key accounting issues, as well as reviewing their inputs that are published in the external documents.
- Perform analytical review on account and product lines.
What we’re looking for:
- Product control or financial control experience
- Investment and finance banking experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Experience in a month-end or quarter-end focused reporting role;
- Knowledge and understanding of the key accounting principles under IFRS;
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong control awareness.
- Good stakeholder engagement skills and understanding & executing their requirements / expectations
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution.
- Eye for detail and exception track record in managing and resolving conflict situations
- Required to provide detailed analysis and information on complex queries/problems and communicate to stakeholders on proposed solutions and recommendations
- Minimal supervisory oversight and able to perform duties with minimal or no guidance
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of having worked in a Group reporting role
- Previous experience with having used either SAP or Hyperion
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.