Consolidation and Reporting AVP
Consolidation and Reporting AVP
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
The regulatory Reporting team contributes to a number of external reporting disclosures including the preparation of financial regulatory disclosures included within the Annual Report, COREP and Pillar 3.
This involves supporting the design and implementation of governance requirements as well as establishing themselves as an SME and managing stakeholder relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for the calculation of regulatory key metrics and production of financial regulatory disclosures
- Ensure the reporting cycle runs to timetable in order to meet internal and external deliverables
- Review and challenge of data inputs and outputs ensuring that financial regulatory information is prepared and disclosed in a consistent manner across all legal entities
- Provide best practise leadership with regards to governance activities supporting the financial regulatory disclosures
- Provide guidance and review to support the financial regulatory reporting deliverables
- Support new regulatory reporting requirements by providing expert knowledge and leading on the implementation into BAU
- Define the timetable and the scope of disclosures, as well as roles and responsibilities
- Provide SME to support input providers in understanding new regulatory disclosure requirements
- Liaise with Regulatory Policy to ensure all interpretations and judgements relating to regulatory rules are applied correctly
- Responding to ad-hoc information requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Actively develop a culture of continuous improvement. Review processes, procedures and requirements, on a regular basis, to identify areas for improvement and drive through the necessary changes
- Ensure that the integrity of the regulatory data externally disclosed remains within the highest standard, by ensuring that adequate controls are in place
- Provide SME input for change requests, assessing the implications for own processes and controls
- Identify options and design solutions, working with the unit/business Project teams as subject matter expert to optimise services and outputs
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Regulatory reporting technical knowledge
- Pillar 3 reporting experience
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to understand and investigate complex issues
- The initiative and curiosity to challenge current processes and develop effective alternative solutions
- Strong control awareness including understanding the key controls required in an investment bank
- Proven interpersonal, influencing and team working skills and the ability to communicate at multiple levels
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and cope with the demand of working to tight deadlines
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.