Length: 6 months
Barclays Bank is looking for a Compliance Officer to join the Compliance Registrations team on a contract basis to help support processing BAU Registrations and Certifications in line with Barclays’ Regulatory Standards.
You will play a large role in generating, updating and understanding management information (MI), to ensure that the Compliance Registrations leadership team can assure key stakeholders of the proficiency and service delivery.
What will you be doing?
- Identify key data and action points for escalation to leadership on Certification/Registration matters and be ready to offer solutions
- Update monthly MI for presentation to key stakeholders
- Contribute to training on the Certification Regime & Central Bank of Ireland Registrations and offer pragmatic ‘know how’ to line managers on all certification matters
- Process the Certifications and Registrations of individuals subject to relevant regimes
- Participate in both local and global team project initiatives
- Respond to colleague queries on their obligations and requirements and be ready to respond/assist within our Group-Wide Policy and Standards
- Offer practical solutions and suggestions for process improvement – especially in identifying inefficiencies in current Certifications and Registration processes
- From day-to-day experience, highlight where we can update and improve our procedures and templates that are used in the Certifications and Registrations processes
- Provide practical first line input in support of Technology colleagues, in the delivery and continuous improvement our systems and technology platforms
What we’re looking for:
- Awareness of FCA Rules surrounding Fitness & Propriety, the Certification Regime and willingness to learn more about the financial regulatory environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with colleagues and line managers
- Apprentice degree or equivalent and/or work experience
- Ability to get on will colleagues at all levels, building and maintaining good relationships
- Some experience of Compliance is preferable – ideally in Employee Compliance
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and a diligent approach to understanding and confirming facts
- Understanding of how to identify risk and escalate appropriately
Where will you be working?
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to email@example.com.