Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
As a leader within the Employee Conduct team, you will drive innovation and instil a mind-set of customer service and flawless execution across the team. Leading on the journey of making this team a data driven Compliance function of the future. The successful candidate will be responsible for a key part of the Compliance Strategy. This leader will drive and contribute towards Personal Investments and Affiliations change projects and the wider Employee Conduct Book of Work which looks to simplify and automate existing processes to assist in the delivery of annual plans and strategic objectives.
- Take a global leadership role in the Personal Investments and Affiliations team within Employee Conduct with the objective of making it a best in class Compliance function in the industry – that is data driven, risk based, highly efficient (through simplifying and automating processes), customer journey focused, supported by quality advisory guidance provided by the team.
- Play a leadership role in the build out of the strategic technology platform; ensuring embedment across the different regions whilst working closely with Technology on future releases/enhancements.
- Manage 2-4 direct reports who will assist with implementation of these programmes, support their career development by providing feedback, training opportunities and stretch assignments.
- Participate in or host Industry forums in order to assimilate best practices relevant to Employee Conduct.
- Become a subject matter escalation point for Employee Conduct Operations with focus on Personal Investment and Affiliation activities, this will require the candidate to have a strong working knowledge of Barclays Compliance Policies and Standards.
- Seasoned leader of people with demonstrated expertise in effecting change at an enterprise level (preferably in Finance working across multiple businesses such as Compliance, Technology, Human Resources, Legal)
- Ability to work with large data sets - with the demonstrated ability to draw out insights and make recommendations to improve employee conduct within a large organization
- Ability to build strong, positive relationships and give clear direction
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills, previous report writing experience
- Self-starter, dynamic with a creative and naturally curious nature
- Strong customer focus and responsiveness - ability to act decisively, use sound judgment
- Awareness of data privacy risks
- Knowledge of the Financial industry, regulatory landscape and compliance risks
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.