Compliance Assurance - VP
Length: 6 months (Maternity cover)
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role:
Supporting Compliance in achieving its mission, purpose and objectives by providing an assurance capability to meet the demands of a world class Compliance function. The Assurance professional will be responsible for leading and executing assurance reviews and/or issue validation to assess and report on Conduct and/or Reputational Risk Management, behaviours and attitudes. Ensuring Compliance with applicable Regulatory,
Legislative, and Compliance Policy and Standard requirements, across all of the Barclays legal entities.
What will you be doing?
- The Assurance professional will be responsible for leading and executing assurance reviews and/or issue validation to assess and report on Conduct and/or Reputational Risk Management, behaviours and attitudes.
- Ensuring Compliance with applicable Regulatory, Legislative, and Compliance Policy and Standard requirements, across all of the Barclays legal entities.
- Support staff with effective coaching and identify development areas. Provide opportunities for staff to improve and showcase their skills demonstrating collaborative team work.
- Realise efficiencies within the Standard Review lifecycle that both heightens the overall assurance product effectiveness and allows for compression of the end to end lifecycle timeline, without compromising quality of work. Ability to quickly identify resource constraints or spare capacity to manager.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong investigative skills with the capability to identify key risks and areas of non-conformance with regulatory and legislative requirements and lack of controls, identify root cases, themes and trends.
- Experience of discussing contentious observations with management and recommending necessary actions.
- Excellent Report Writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills/mind with ability to deliver high quality work in a timely and structured manner.
- Senior leadership skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Working knowledge or prior experience of working with an Automated Assurance team to increase the use of data driven testing and data analytics within reviews.
- Professional qualification in Compliance or Conduct Assurance / Financial Crime management role.
- Technical compliance knowledge and the application of FCA or comparable rules and guidance in relation to relevant Barclays’ Businesses.
- Management capability - able to manage multiple tasks across a variety of business areas and topics while delivering reviews according to plan in a timely and complete fashion.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.