Community Banker Essential
Job Role: Community Banker
Duration: 3 months initially
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time – 17.5 hours per week
To provide an exceptional customer experience by providing excellent service that helps customers to achieve their ambitions and meets their day to day banking needs. The role holder will deepen customer relationships to help grow the business and strengthen our brand in the community, while working collaboratively with other colleagues and living the purposes and values. There are 3 progressive levels to the Community Banker role: Essential Banking, Moment Banking and Go-To Community Banking.
Role Reports To: Branch Manager or Assistant Manager (depending on size/type of branch)
· Demonstrating a strong level of knowledge and understanding of our digital products, enabling you to proactively educate your customers to have confidence in using alternative channels of their choice, at times to suit them.
· Keeping your knowledge our products and services up to date, and knowing where to find information about them to ensure you deliver the most appropriate outcome for the customer.
· Delighting the customer by offering a professional, caring, consistent and outstanding level of customer service, whereby an emotional connection with the customer is built.
· Building trust by engaging in conversations and actively listening to customers to be able to anticipate and meet the servicing needs of all customers.
· Striving to exceed customer expectations and being empowered to deal with customer requests at first point of contact, only handing off where this adds value in the eyes of the customer.
· Creating exceptional customer experiences for everyday queries and complaint handling by taking responsibility and using all resources to proactively intercept and address customer issues efficiently and effectively. Knowing where to go to get support if the problem cannot be resolved immediately.
· Strong customer service skills and experience.
· Good communicator and ability to form professional relationships.
· Planning and organised.
· Effective decision making.
· Digitally Savvy – passionate about digital platforms and learning more about digital banking.