About eFIC Markets Execution Technology
The eFIC Markets Execution team is a globally distribution function for Capitals Markets Technology with teams located in London, New York, Prague, Pune, and Singapore, designing and delivering bespoke trading platforms across Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Money Markets, Structured Products and the Rates business lines. The teams contribute to enhancing our Market Leading BARX platform which is used globally by Institutional, Corporate and Private Wealth clients.
- Working as a C++ developer, writing high quality robust, reliable and high-performance C++ code on the Linux based platform, BARX FX.
- The BARX FX team is responsible for developing and testing enhancements to our platform inline with business requirements request by globally distributed eFX Trading and Sales teams.
- This role is required to enhance the platform as part of a series of ambitious strategic growth initiatives for the eFX business for the BARX platform to develop the next generation of low latency FX trading.
- Work closely with BAs and PMs, technical leads, QA testers and Quantitative Developers, to design, develop and deliver solutions.
- Document new requirements in JIRA and progress them as deliverables within the team
- Exceptional development skills including modern C++ (C++14, C++17, C++20)
- Excellent knowledge multi-threading development and performance tuning techniques.
- Experience of C++ unit testing practices
- Good knowledge of standard development and build tools, e.g. GIT, TeamCity etc.
- Excellent academic record with a numerate degree (2:1 or higher) - e.g. computer science, maths, physics, engineering.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations, and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees, and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.