C++ Application Developer
C++ Application Developer
About eFIC Markets Execution Technology
The eFIC Markets Execution team is a globally distribution function for Capitals Markets Technology with teams located in London, New York, Prague, Pune, and Singapore, designing and delivering bespoke trading platforms across Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Money Markets, Structured Products and the Rates business lines. The teams contribute to enhancing our Market Leading BARX platform which is used globally by Institutional, Corporate and Private Wealth clients.
- The BARX C++ developer role is within an established and highly talented, London based team in the FX technology department. Working as a C++ developer, writing high quality robust, reliable and high-performance C++ code on the Linux based platform, BARX FX.
- The BARX FX team is responsible for developing and testing enhancements to our platform inline with business requirements request by globally distributed eFX Trading and Sales teams.
- This role is required to enhance the platform as part of a series of ambitious strategic growth initiatives for the eFX business for the BARX platform to develop the next generation of low latency FX trading.
- Work closely with BAs and PMs, technical leads, QA testers and Quantitative Developers, to design, develop and deliver solutions.
- Document new requirements in JIRA and progress them as deliverables within the team.
- Proactively participate in technical discussions and provide input technical design.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Exceptional development skills including modern C++ (C++14, C++17, C++20)
- Excellent knowledge multi-threading development and performance tuning techniques.
- Experience of C++ unit testing practices
- Good knowledge of standard development and build tools, e.g. GIT, TeamCity etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to work in a globally distribution team of both collegues and business stakeholders.
- A team player who takes initiative and can influence the development of the system and take end to end ownership of deliverables to our stakeholders.
- Excellent academic record with a numerate degree (2:1 or higher) - e.g. computer science, maths, physics, engineering.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.