Business Oversight Compliance
Business Oversight Compliance
London (currently remote)
Length: 6 months – maternity cover
About Compliance - Financial Crime
The Compliance team oversees the regulated activities that Barclays undertakes. The team includes experts in: Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Transaction Monitoring).
Barclays UK (BUK) Financial Crime provides oversight, advice and guidance to BUK business areas. This includes providing technical guidance, support and tailored feedback on regulatory issues to ensure that new business proposals as well as existing processes, systems and controls meet the requirements of anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, anti-bribery & corruption and economic sanctions laws and regulation..
Overall purpose of role
The purpose of this role serves to satisfy accountabilities delegated from the BUK Head of Financial Crime.
- The main role will be to serve as a gateway to BUK for financial crime, and will be expected to liaise with senior stakeholders on a diverse range of issues regarding financial crime risk management oversight
- Proactively contribute in all applicable Governance and Oversight Fora providing clear and insightful financial crime guidance, including escalating any risk and control weaknesses
- Support BUK in managing their Financial Crime risks effectively through setting of clear standards of compliant business practice, assessing and reporting on the implications of regulatory change at a senior level
- Drive the provision of tailored financial crime advice within BUK and providing strategic steer to inform and challenge the business direction / strategy which is responsive to changes in both the internal and external environment e.g. provision of advice on emerging threats & vulnerabilities
What we are looking for
- Ability to promote a culture of financial crime compliance, including the ability to build relationships and collaborations with all levels of management within the First and Second Line
- Have significant experience of delivering high quality anti money laundering support, with day to day interaction with senior executives
- Driving effective management and action, particularly in the role of the Second Line of Defence influencing the actions of management in the First Line
- Strong technical skills in UK financial crime law and regulation and a solid understanding and working knowledge of financial crime risk and responsibilities
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.