Business Oversight and Compliance
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The purpose of this role is to support the oversight of key frameworks, risk assessments, adherence to regulatory management programmes and Compliance Policies and Standards in partnership with other business aligned Compliance teams and key business stakeholders across BI’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) area.
- You will have responsibility for providing day-to-day Compliance advice across Barclays COO business areas, related to regulatory or Compliance Policy and Standards.
- You will review documentation related to new products, product launches and modification to assess the conduct or regulatory risks of new business initiatives and provide feedback on areas of concern to the relevant business sponsor or AE.
- You will represent Compliance in formal governance meetings, providing check and challenge to ensure Conduct Risk is effectively identified and mitigated or escalated. In addition, you will support the assessment of reputational risks in line with the requirements in the Reputational Risk framework.
- You will have responsibility for project related activity to support new or changing regulations and contribute towards external regulatory consultations and advocacy relevant to COO, including participating in industry calls and events.
- You will get the opportunity to undertake targeted assurance reviews to assess how our COO business areas are conforming to requirements in the firm’s Conduct Risk framework.
- You will get exposure to Compliance Assurance which is a key function to support the identification of control issues and weaknesses. You will help support the closure of Issues identified in assurance reviews which in term improves our overall control status.
- Project / change management experience.
- Previously worked within a large investment banking organisation.
- Show an understanding of client asset rules, regulatory reporting requirements or outsourcing & supplier management which relate to conduct matters.
- Good intuition & stakeholder management skills.
- You will be proactive, curious and challenging to support identification of Conduct Risks.
- You will be able to show empathy towards competing demands for the business in managing issues, change and BAU but arrive at good conduct outcomes for the firm and its stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.