Business Management Team Analyst
Length of contract: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
Providing analyst support to the Banking Division and Business Management team, the successful candidate will validate and process high volumes of changes in the eBanker & Pulse / CRM systems on a daily basis, whilst adhering to compliance and regulatory requirements. On a monthly and quarterly basis, the candidate will perform regular checks to uphold a sufficient control environment. Additionally, the candidate will support loans and diligence committees, including running some committees, confirming approvals and maintaining an audit trail as required and supporting implementation of any changes to the process. There will also be the opportunity to be will be involved in ad-hoc projects with the Business Management and Business Planning Technology team.
- Validate and approve newly created projects.
- Validate and process all project updates, including but not limited to, project status staffing and project details updates.
- Approval of newly created clients.
- Will provide guidance to bankers on the project lifecycle process in eBanker & Pulse / CRM, and direct them as appropriate to relevant KYC, conflict clearance and system support teams.
- Will review all Banking EMEA deal announcements, and perform staffing and formatting checks necessary for internal distribution.
- Responding to all mailbox queries and providing guidance to / re-directing Banking employees as appropriate.
- Will review monthly and quarterly checks on a number of project information and documentation items, in line with compliance and audit requirements.
- Will become an expert level user and representative for eBanker & Pulse / CRM systems, and will be involved in discussions / projects surrounding system changes, new controls and providing improvement suggestions .
- Supporting loans and diligence committees, including running some committees, confirming approvals and maintaining an audit trail as required and supporting implementation of any changes to the process.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership:
Must be confident and be able to interact with bankers at all levels to manage relationships but also have the confidence and ability to manage expectations where necessary. The committee aspect of this role requires the ability to run a committee and ensure quorum is present to vote. At times push back may be necessary so confidence and ownership skills are key to manage the relevant stakeholder requests.
Decision-making and Problem Solving:
Given this role is mainly focussed on managing the lifecycle of live transactions within Banking, a degree of judgement will need to be used in regards to managing the system to ensure accuracy which at times will require some problem solving in order to ensure that records are correct and up to date. This may involve liaising with the KYC team or compliance control room.
Risk and Control Objective:
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with bankers at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to maintain a clear audit trail.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Strong emphasis on delivering high levels of customer service.
- Must be able to prioritise own work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to treat confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Must be able to learn new skills quickly.
- Highly proactive and forward thinking individual with a hardworking, committed, flexible and can do attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Commercially aware with a keen interest in Business and Finance.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Capable of understanding and navigating the end-to-end process of a project lifecycle for Investment Banking.
- Good commercial awareness of Investment Banking.
- MS Office: Extensive use of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Business Objects system skills a plus.
- Prior experience at a financial services firm a plus.
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.