Business Implementation Analyst
Business Implementation Analyst
Length: 6 months (initially)
A role within the Business Banking technology team, aligned to a programme of work, liaising directly with Business Change Managers to understand any impacted business teams due to technical changes. This role after the planning and execution of Business Implementation deliverables e.g operational design, definition and implementation of new/amended Business processes, sales and support materials, internal training and communications to support enhancements to online channels and digital propositions.
We’re building new solutions, harnessing the latest technology and offering greater channel choice, so our business clients can access our support whenever and however it suits them. We’re making it faster and simpler for them to get what they need and we’re giving them access to valuable knowledge and tools, like
, to help them build their businesses for the future. We’re working to make our products and services available to more clients than ever, anticipating their needs and using data and insights to offer a solution that is tailored to their requirements.
What will you be doing?
Reporting directly to the Business Implementation Lead, the Business Implementation Analyst is responsible for the planning and execution of Business Implementation deliverables for a project/programme of work e.g. operational design, definition and implementation of new/amended Business processes, sales and support materials, internal training and communications to support enhancements to online channels and digital
Day to day planning, tracking and accountability of specific work stream elements will be required to ensure
successful delivery to agreed timescales, quality and budget.
The jobholder will be required to work with a number of internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
What we’re looking for:
- Co-ordinate / facilitate discussions between the project/programme team and impacted business areas to ensure the operational design satisfies business/client strategy (i.e. operational effectiveness, cost efficiencies etc.) and aligns to Business Banking, BUK and, where applicable, Group operating models
- Ensure any constraints and limitations in the operational design are understood and satisfactorily agreed with the impacted business areas
- Maintain awareness of and take into account, as necessary, any relevant regulatory and policy requirements
- Support implementation into the impacted business areas, working with stakeholders and operational teams to ensure acceptance into the operating model
- Define in line with the overall Strategy, sales support materials and training focusing on client and staff satisfaction, optimising usage and reducing, where possible, queries into the channel helpdesk /servicing centres.
- Plan, manage, create and deliver the deployment of implementation deliverables, sales, support (e.g. online help, FAQs, user guides sales materials) and training materials
- Co-ordinate and deliver colleague training as required
- Ensure support materials and training deliverables are aligned with operational risk, compliance and legal policies.
- Engage with and influence a wide range of stakeholders across front-line, middle office and central support areas to gain buy-in to changes and delivery plans
- Lead and facilitate workshops/training, engaging stakeholders, subject matter experts and attendees at all levels.
- Secure support of stakeholders/interested parties, both within Business Banking and the wider Group, if required, to achieve goals.
- Mature and positive approach to problem solvi ng and dealing with ambiguous and potentially changing requirements
- Ensures decisions are made with consideration of the short and long-term impact on key stakeholders
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good understanding of the functions of Business Banking including the key activities performed by each function and hand offs between functions
- Ability to manage and deliver change in a business that is undergoing a high degree of organisational and strategic change
- Experience of facing off to senior stakeholders and a track record of successfully managing stakeholders at this level
- Must be able to demonstrate effective stakeholder management and communication skills, with strong and influential personal credibility
- Ability to use general office software tools including spreadsheets, presentation tools, word processing and process flow mapping, Confluence, JIRA
- Experience of working with Front-Line, Operations, Product and Technology functions
- A track record of producing high quality documentation
- Experience of regulatory change and an understanding of the operational implications associated with such projects
Where will you be working?
Knutsford office, although remote initially
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit
for more details
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies