Business Data Analyst
Length: 6 months
Our global Talent Acquisition team proactively attracts the most talented candidates, recruiting over 30,000 hires a year, from Early Careers through to Senior Executives. We support our hiring community through our selection, assessment and offer processes, empower colleagues to plan and manage their careers, and are the heart of Barclays' ambition to be a sought after employer. We support the business to develop our current workforce and plan effectively for the future, creating opportunities for both colleagues and external candidates to rise.
Overall purpose of role
Support Talent Acquisition to meet key reporting and data requirements. The role will also provide strategic and operational support to Talent Acquisition projects related to data and records management.
What will you be doing?
Reporting and Data Management - 50%
· Support Talent Acquisition and business cyclical reporting requirements such as QBRs, MBRs, performance metrics and other bespoke report requirements
· Leverage data, MI and insights to drive innovation and improvement
· Ensure that Talent Acquisition achieve its group commitments feeding in relevant data and meeting the timelines and commitments made by the function to the group
Projects & Support - 30%
· Oversee the creation of data analysis, and various operational and strategic outputs and engaging with senior stakeholders to share outputs.
· Anticipate the needs and requirements of the global Talent Acquisition teams using initiative and judgement
· Plan appropriate follow up measures whilst operating in a risk and control environment
· Strong organisational and communication skills to achieve timely delivery of projects
· Participates actively with initiatives and pan-team project work as appropriate, promptly identifying potential impact and ensuring beneficial initiatives are developed and implemented.
· Identify and constantly improve effective ways of working within the function and with the wider business.
· Contribute to a culture of innovation, driving and delivering improvements and co-ordinating activity.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Operational Delivery – 10%
· Contribute to strategic Talent Acquisition design ensuring that delivery aligns to strategic vision and operating model, challenging inefficiencies where necessary
· Contribute to strategic business initiatives across Talent Acquisition
· Continue to apply an innovative lens to problem solving, identifying opportunities for efficiency
Stakeholder Management and collaboration
Collaboration - 5%
· Partner with wider HR function and other teams to ensure project delivery is effectively communicated
Governance – 5%
· Ensure delivery is in line with global policy
· Demonstrate solid understanding and awareness of Talent Acquisition policies and any changes
What we’re looking for:
· Extensive experience in manipulating, collating, analysing and cleansing large data files, specific to recruitment/talent acquisition
· Ability to present data with impact to audiences in order to drive appropriate action
· Proven ability to work independently, and as part of a global team
· Expert Skills with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, SharePoint
· Proven track record as a reporting analyst/manager having the ability to work with multiple sources of information from various business units globally
· Solid qualitative and quantitative problem solving skills
· Track record of working on transformation projects in a global organisation across multiple geographies and businesses to drive commercial and operational efficiency
Skills/Experience that will help you in the role:
• Expert with MS Excel and data analysis/manipulation
• Understanding and experience of Talent Acquisition/Internal Recruitment functions and its underlying data.
• Exposure to Lean ways of working and working towards continuous improvement initiatives
Where will you be working?
Remote to begin with, then to be based in London, Canary Wharf.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.