Business Banking Client Service Executive
Duration: 6 months
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what we are looking for.
As part of our team, you’ll work remotely for 35 hours a week Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am and 7pm. Flexibility is key, as your shift pattern will change based on our operational needs.
At Barclays, our goal is to deliver an extraordinary customer experience every time. And our Customer Care team are the people that make it happen. Working from home, you’ll support our business banking customers, listening to their needs, solving issues and building strong relationships.
We’ll build your expertise in our products, policies and processes with an initial four-week training programme. Then we’ll provide ongoing support, to help you refine your knowledge and develop your skills. You don’t need call centre experience or financial services expertise, just strong communication skills and a customer-focused approach.
How will you help Barclays’ customers?
- Listen, understand and resolve complex business banking customers’ queries. You’ll break down customer issues and work with teams across Barclays to get the heart of a problem.
- Build strong relationships with customers, helping them understand the different digital services available and advising them on the full range of products and services suitable for their business.
- Manage customer complaints and objections in line with the Service Level Agreements and relevant group policy and procedures, which will be detailed in the four-week training programme.
- A passion for building relationships and exceeding customer expectations
- Natural empathy and the ability to understand a customers’ point of view and quickly build rapport
- Expertise delivering excellent experiences to customers and a proven record of creative problem solving
- Strong communication and influencing skills together with a collaborative, team-based approach
- Confidence to take the initiative to permanently resolve issues and to challenge and improve current systems and processes
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.