About Private Bank (PB) Chief Operating Office (COO)
The PB COO function has recently been formed within BX (Barclays Execution Services), bringing together the BD&C (Business Delivery & Controls), Operations and Technology teams all under one Transaction Cycle (TC); supporting and enabling the Private Bank globally. The bringing together of front-to-bank functions has created the opportunity to pivot the organisational design to be aligned to the client journey, as well as by product and geographical locations / platforms. It has also created the opportunity to re-position the role of the COO within PB from being an extension of the business to being a genuine strategic partner to the business; carefully balancing the needs of clients, the business, colleagues and shareholders.
Overall purpose of role
This is a unique role with an opportunity to be part of a newly formed team who will look to transform how the Private Bank approach regulatory change.
This role will hold responsibility for ensuring that business architecture, design, change and improvement throughout the PB COO function is aligned to the Private Banking vision and that we achieve the best possible outcomes for our business, colleagues and clients over the short and long term.
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on the regulatory landscape, a situational awareness of various business scenarios and the Private Bank technology strategy.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology to be adopted across Private Bank with a focus on Regulatory Change
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organisational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, regulators and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver business architecture artefacts needed for End to End Architecture & Solution Architecture Approach deliverables
- Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices” to ensure standardisation of business architecture outputs across PB COO
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualise and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations, and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees, and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.