Legacy Conduct Review with Senior Complaints Handler experiences in Finance
- Duration: 6 months
- Hours/week: 35/week
Overall purpose of the role
The role holder will provide analyst support to the CFSL Programme Wellington Team. Primary accountabilities include business analysis activities on key customer and conduct data to support in the setting the strategy for specific portfolio subsets. The analysis involves a diverse range of internal and external sources such as procedures and practices across the bank with the objective of helping to draw out key themes and trends from the customer and account data across subsets of the BPF loan book.
How will you help Barclays?
- To undertake detailed and complex customer account level analysis from multiple sources and reports; conduct investigation into variety of customer and complaint information, to produce granular analysis of BPF’s loan portfolio as required within the scope of the review.
- Lead on the management of the core data, helping enrich this with intelligence through the categorisation process, using evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information to produce findings based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support a comprehensive approach to the required analysis, ensuring definition and inclusion of all relevant data parameters, e.g. industry sector, loan portfolio subsets, customer and client-level indicators and other recognised characteristics of consumer impact.
- Skilled in customer data / complaints analysis, and mapping of activities to enable analysis, delivery of requirements and solutions
- Working knowledge from experience of Credit based products and how they are managed
- Understanding of and ability to articulate, design and implement process and workflow
- Excelled Excel skills
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.