Senior Business Analyst - VP
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role:
Business Analysts work to understand business problems, often helping to bridge the gap between the customer / business stakeholders and teams with a technical focus. Accordingly, they must combine an understanding of their business area with an understanding of the products, services or technology that they are working with
What will you be doing?
- Input into ideation, helping to create the ideation pack and / or problem statements that describe what needs to be done and why – helping to drive alignment and informing the definition of Business Objectives
- Produce epics and user / feature stories, defining the Business Objectives that form the backlog of tasks to be done based on customer or colleague needs and journeys. This includes gaining agreement from the relevant stakeholders, iterating through development
- Create an effective Operational Design that is focussed on customer outcomes first, explaining operational impacts and the operating model, gaining agreement for the same and owning iterations through development. This includes explaining how things work and why as a legacy reference for future changes
- This means unifying the views of various stakeholders, resolving conflicts, balancing value, risk, suitability and customer experience while aligning to regulatory and legal standards.
- Combining experience of process, technology and regulation to act as a source of best practise guidance and expertise, helping to make decisions and solve problems.
- Demonstrating systems thinking. exploring the broader scenarios around a change in context, helping to find issues early that might not otherwise be considered. This includes exploring negative scenarios and Business Continuity Management (BCM) requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Investment banking or wealth management experience
- Financial services background
- Senior BA experience
- Successful stakeholder and supplier management – internal and external experience
- Evidence of successful people leadership at a mid-management level within a large organisation in a cross matrixed environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Industry expertise to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support
- Desired Project Management professional accreditation from the Project Management Institute
- Graduate calibre with some commercial management experience across a number of business disciplines
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.